Comments

Name:
Login id: (Ignored if posting publicly)
Email: (Ignored if posting publicly)
Comment: characters left

(Html tags will be intentionally stripped for security reasons, sorry.)
Publicity: public private
World's dumbest captcha:
What is 1+2+3?

Time:2014/07/19 19:38:17
Name:Kelli
Comment:Just had my first experience with being ill from a movie - Earth to Echo. I left the theater and threw up. It is 48 hours later and I am still slightly sensitive to motion. I joined this in order to NEVER see a movie like that again.

Time:2014/07/13 00:51:13
Name:Chris
Comment:Just saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 2D. No shaky camera at all.

Time:2014/07/05 15:00:37
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Just saw Echo. Save your money, it was so bad, myself and 2 boys walked out
1/3 of the way through. It's so bad I wish I would have read this site first and I
would have been warned about it before hand.

Time:2014/07/04 15:17:41
Name:bahaman
Comment:This site is a good idea. You should make the average ratings available generically. (If they are already ignore this suggestion.) I would also suggest expanding the usefulness of the site by polling when the movie sickness occurred. Perhaps general description of what kind of sickness. Person's age may also be a factor. When I was younger these movies never bothered me.
Overall a good idea!

Time:2014/07/03 17:09:17
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Make sure you get a ticket refund when Echo movie makes you vomit from the shaky hand-camera...don't sit very close to any kids...saw two vomit today..

Time:2014/07/03 17:08:41

Time:2014/05/29 14:02:02
Name:Anonymous
Comment:This site is a great idea. You should definitely do some social media promotions via Facebook, Twitter, and other links. I would love to see this site grow and become more widely used, and therefore, more accurate due to a wider range of participants. If you need money for the upkeep, throw on some non-irritating ads and open a PayPal donations link.

Time:2014/05/26 22:17:12
Name:Anonymous
Comment:One time me and my friends were at the movies watching catching fire and my
friend puked on her leg and me and my friend were laughing then I puke then
my other friend ran out of the theater and when she came out of the bathroom
she puked all over the floor and it got all over the walls and everything! Then i
was still laughing and I walked backwards in her puke! We got kicked out...

Time:2014/05/26 22:16:57
friend puked on her leg and me and my friend were laughing then I puke then
my other friend ran out of the theater and when she came out of the bathroom
was still laughing and I walked backwards in her puke! We got kicked out...

Time:2014/05/26 03:27:32
Name:Carolyn
Comment:X-Men movie: I only had a small issue at about 1 hour into the
movie, shortly after Mystique jumps out of a window in Paris,
shaky cam amateur videos followed for a short period of time. I
commend the director/producer, whoever was responsible for not
overdoing it.

Time:2014/05/23 22:28:15
Name:Carolyn
Comment:After fighting off movie sickness 2 nights in a row after
watching Million Dollar Arm (very inspiring movie, but zooming
close up face shots,etc.) one night, then Godzilla the next
night and having the roughest weekend because of movie sickness,
I googled "What to do when nauseous from movie camera shakiness"
and found this web site. Left a rating for Godzilla, hoping to
leave a rating soon for X-Men.

Thanks for this web site! And thanks to those who are
contributing. Your comments have finally helped me to accept I
just won't be able to watch some highly recommended movies. (I
tried hard to watch Cpt. Phillips, but after getting nauseous,
feeling hot, and getting a headache, I had to leave, noticing
that I was the only one in a large audience that left. Now I
won't bother to suffer so long, thinking I should be able to
override it.) Also, appreciate the explanation of what causes
movie induced motion sickness. Overcame car sickness as a kid,
didn't have problems on the ocean, but have movie sickness.

Time:2014/05/23 22:23:46
Name:bex
Comment:Saw godzilla tn. All was well until I got home and barf
alarfed. Came out feeling very dizzy. Captain philipps,
forget about it, had to excuse myself a few times.
Anyone try to take a lot of ginger before hand? Any
other tricks that seem to work? The smell of popcorn
kindeven makes me nacious...but only the buttery movie
theature kind..its strange, I can go on a roller coaster
on a full stomach and be fine..but the movies really set
the butterflies in my stomach flying.

Time:2014/05/18 14:53:36
Name:Christina
Comment:I just saw Godzilla and was fine until about 45 minutes in... Then I had to close my eyes and eventually fell asleep, which was a good thing since the only other option was to go hurl in the bathroom! I think from now on I am going to take a Dramamine before any movie I go see.

Time:2014/05/05 06:01:03
Name:Rob
Comment:Thank you so much for creating this site! This is a real problem for me - and I am so glad you are fixing it. I have put postings on Reddit and IMDB suggesting somebody creates such an index, but did not get much response. I am so happy to find out the other people have the same views and want to fix the problem! I had just about decided to code my own website - when I found that you had done the job!

Just for info: I had searched and searched for a site like this and not found anything. I only got directed here after a posting on IMDB. This is such a great website that want other people who hate shakey-cam movies to find it more easily. Perhaps there is more to be done on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to get this site noticed by more people?

Well Done!

Time:2014/04/29 19:42:09
Name:Patricia ( Patty ) Kane
Comment:
Re: Hunger Games

What a demented piece of garbage!

Base concept:
The Capitol rounds up 24 children every year to watch the children kill each-
other until one is left.

Note to author:
Anyone who can dream the concept and develop a story of children killing other
children for the entertainment of adults need some serious help. Possibly also
some serious medication to treat whatever is broken in your head.

You...are very sick.

Time:2014/04/26 10:33:56
Comment:I just watched Non Stop and the action scenes were too jumpy. I
had to keep my eyes closed. Drove home with aircon on full blast
and with a plastic bag in my lap:(

Time:2014/04/16 17:13:36
Name:saja
Comment:If I know a movie is shaky cam, I skip it in the theaters & watch it on the small screen, which is almost always fine for me. I had no idea about Beasts of the Southern Wild, which had me so ill on watching it on my laptop - I was worried I had food poisoning or something!! Happily I found this site, so I know where to check in advance.

Time:2014/04/14 14:47:42
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Felt sick last night during Captain Phillips and this was the
first time I thought to look it up online and I found this site.
I think I was alright until half way but I guess the effects had
been working on me slowly from the start because I still felt
ill going to bed.
First experience was with Die Hard 3 during the central park
driving but we were sitting in the front row (never again, I
always sit at the back now). Same during Cloverfield and
Quarantine when watching at home, seems to take the first hour
before I realise the room is moving.
Also with computer games, first time was Echo the Dolphin
playing alone, now I get sick if I watch a friend playing -
mostly on first person shooters.

Time:2014/03/23 11:37:44
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Couldn't watch Hunger Games. Ditto Lone Survivor. Had no problem
with The Lego Movie.

Time:2014/03/21 00:57:35
Name:Heidi
Comment:Watch out for Divergent. I was ok for 3/4 of it, but the last 1/4
made me really sick.If you want to watch it- stop watching
when "they" go to the "command Center"That's when they start
with a 360 pan of the camera and other hurl inducing "tricks".
Good movie, but best to just listen to the last parts .

Time:2014/03/15 22:20:09
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Whoa. I just saw Non-Stop with Liam Nieson and Jullianne Moore. I'd rate it a 3
on the hurl factor. Luckily I made it home before I got sick. Lots of action
sequences and sweeping shots. I am SO glad I found this site. I got sick after
seeing Silver Linings Playbook and I thought it was a fluke. When it happened
again tonight, I thought there might be more to it. It feels good to know I'm not
alone (or crazy!).

Time:2014/03/10 03:58:58
Name:Maureen
Comment:hi fellow hurlers, I just discovered this site searching the net to see if I can go and see All is Lost tomorrow. Thanks for saving my money. It is not just that, I have sometimes been 12 hours in bed with vertigo after a bad movie, so it is also the time I lose before my body comes back to normal that worries me. I will look here in future. Thanks.

Time:2014/02/22 22:31:01
Name:Keith
Comment:Thanks for participating in Movie Hurl everyone!

Time:2014/02/21 22:40:49
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Went to Captain Philips & had to leave 30 minutes in. Home now but still feel
sick to my stomach!

Time:2014/02/12 02:15:39
Name:Cambot
Comment:Just watched Three Kings at a revival house last night and
practically threw up. I had seen it previously on DVD on my
computer without difficulty but the big screen did me in. I have
found that I have to sit far back in the theater to minimize the
consequences but that was no help this time. I had serious
problems with Captain Phillips and Beasts of the Southern Wild
on my computer so I wouldn't have lasted ten minutes in a
theater.

Time:2014/01/30 07:56:35
Name:Lina
Comment:I just watched paranormal activity 4. I went in with my jacket, scarf and gloves
because I thought id be cold. Well after 30 minutes, I slowly started stripping. I
started getting really hot. I started to think if have to get up and vomit. The
constant camera movement is to blame 1000%. Luckily to barf I have to be
pretty bad off so I didn't, but it was close. I had to get some water. Didn't help.
Was warm. Luckily the movie finished. My friend had the same issue he told me
after. Great movie otherwise. Very scary!

Time:2014/01/29 08:20:10
Name:Anonymous
Comment:I usually get a headache when watching "hand held camera" movies, but unexpectedly had to run from the room to vomit during Devil's Due. This has never happened before. Why do they make movies like this when a percentage of people can not watch them?

Time:2014/01/26 20:56:29
Name:Landshark
Comment:I got the hurls bad for a couple of recent horror movies: Devil's Due and Paranormal Activity, the Marked Ones. That shakey handheld camera-style shooting. Ugh, I just have to close my eyes, then put my hands over. I am glad to learn I am not the only person to experience this! The movie ratings board needs to add "rated TU" -- rated Throw-Up, so people like us will be warned!

Time:2014/01/26 11:58:19
Name:Captain Barf Phillips
Comment:Holy God....do not see Captain Phillips if you are susceptible to the Movie Hurl. I
barely made it through the first 30 seconds as the characters are bouncing around
their home in VT and in their car ride. Fast-forward to the beach in Somalia!?!? No
way.....I was out while I could keep my lunch. I saw Don Jon instead by sneaking
in....and that was fine.

Time:2014/01/25 11:09:40
Name:Captain Hurl Phillips
Comment:Captain Phillips does every thing it can to make you movie sick.
I was too sick after 10 minutes to get up from my chair. The
entire move is using the shaky cam with constant bright and dark
images. Even with my eyes closed for 80% of the movie the nausea
would not go away. Most of the Somalians did not speak English,
so the translation was on screen which I could not open my eyes
to read. Too many close ups in the film. I knew I was in
trouble when I noticed the orange peel texture of Tom Hanks
face. This movie was way worse than Hunger Games.

In summary: Shaky camera for the entire movie, lots of closeups,
many foreign language closed captions.

Time:2014/01/20 09:53:17
Name:Lynda
Comment:Secret Life of Walter Mitty was fine until about 3/4 of the way through during the ship sequence. I could barely make it to the end of the film before hurling. Ruined it for me

Time:2014/01/18 23:39:07
Name:Greg
Comment:American Hustle had no shaky cam. There was a couple of scenes with sweeping camera, but only for a few seconds. I'm happy to say that the film was totally watchable and enjoyable.

Time:2014/01/17 23:29:28
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Devils Due made me very ill today, even though I looked away several times because of the shaky camera!!! Making movies with a handheld camera is insane!!! Stop it already!!!

Time:2014/01/04 16:39:11
Name:Secret Life of Walter Mit
Comment:Secret life of Walter Mitty made me sick today. They get on this boat and the
director wanted you to feel the motion and....

Time:2013/12/27 18:15:20
Name:Joe Flood
Comment:ow - just when you thought it was safe to go to a movie that
gets a decent Moviehurl rating - ads that make you sick! I went
to the Hobbit yesterday, and before it came on, two
advertisements where I couldn't look at the screen for a second!
:-((Corona and a local university.

This has gotten completely out of hand and we need to act!!

Time:2013/12/16 23:05:25
Name:Anonymous
Comment:I just submitted the "All is Lost" and "Gravity" comment. I think that I should
explain that "All is Lost" is mostly filmed as if you are on the boat. It is constant
motion, as if you are really at sea.

Time:2013/12/16 22:52:04
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Regarding "All is Lost" and "Gravity." Saw "All is Lost" today. Felt so motion sick
I had to step out half-way through just to breathe and settle my stomach. I
returned after 5-10 minutes, determined to finish it. When I was back in the
theater, I often had to close my eyes or look at the wall fixtures for balance and
finally just wanted it to end. It's been 10 hours since I left the theater and I still
feel slightly off. Conversely, I saw "Gravity" and had a only a few brief moments
of vertigo which didn't interfere with my enjoyment at all. Go figure.

Time:2013/12/03 19:18:27
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Watched "Beasts of the Southern Wild" on my computer screen - or
tried to, had to give up. Worse than "Captain Philips"

Check out my "what do do when faced by a movie that makes you
sick" entry on https://www.facebook.com/moviesthatmakeyousick

Time:2013/11/30 16:04:19
Name:Joe Flood
Comment:Oddly enough - I refused to go to "Gravity" at all and when I
finally went it didnt bother me in the slightest. Great movie.
Seems that even those of us high on the barf dimension have
different responses. (I cant play first person video games at
all, or use fiche or microfilm readers in libraries. My
grandfather was worse and used to get sick standing on a jetty)

Time:2013/11/30 15:57:18
Name:Joe Flood
Comment:After watching the appalling "Captain Philips" yesterday - and I
am still close to vomiting - I decided to start some advocacy
against the public showing - with no warnings - of this kind of
irresponsible movie. Glad to find this website, but we need a
lot more publicity.

I've started a facebook page called "Movies that make you sick".
Please go and "like" it and hopefully we will eventually get
enough traction to have these movies banned.

Time:2013/11/24 16:39:52
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Why isn't anybody rating "All is Lost"? I won't risk seeing another boat movie without some guidance from you all!

Time:2013/11/24 02:55:49
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Re: Gravity, had to close my eyes for a majority of the movie because of the first
person view. Goes on and on for a major part of the movie. Ruined the movie for me.

So glad to hear that there is no shaky cam for Catching Fire. I fought my way and
finished watching Hunger Games because I enjoyed the story line!

Time:2013/11/22 07:39:46
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Thanks goodness. My daughter went to see Catching Fire last night and told me that I could probably watch it. I didn't go with her because I was so sick during Hungar Games with her.

Time:2013/11/21 12:51:31
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Director of Catching Fire says no shaky cam.
1442582368

Time:2013/11/20 10:20:12
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Really wondering about Catching Fire......Hungar Games about did me in!

Time:2013/11/09 01:35:28
Name:AnneBT
Comment:Just saw "About Time"' quirky British love story that was almost impossible to sit
thru. Just wanted it to be over. Worst I have felt since Hunger Games.

Time:2013/10/28 11:25:26
Name:nicepace
Comment:Can anyone who has seen "All Is Lost" comment on it? I'm afraid it might be another "Captain Phillips" in terms of motion sickness.

Time:2013/10/28 11:20:35
Name:Anonymous
Comment:In Captain Phillips, not only are there constant hand held shots and too-quick editing, the camera persons went out of their way to constantly jostle the camera around while filming. This is the only film I've ever seen which literally made me very ill to watch.

Time:2013/10/24 19:07:52
Name:Anonymous
Comment:I was surprised that Gravity only has a one star rating from 6 reviews. Will
someone who has seen it please comment on it? I really wanted to see it but I
figured it would be really bad for motion sickness just from the previews.
Thanks!

Time:2013/10/23 17:08:34
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Captain Phillips was shaky from the first scene. I "watched" it with my eyes
closed (it sounded good anyway). One of the worst for motion sickness I've
seen in a long time.

Time:2013/10/20 02:26:09
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Wish I had read the motion sickness reviews before sitting through
Captain Phillips with my eyes closed and my stomach heaving.

Time:2013/10/16 16:04:43
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Walked out of Captain Phillips after trying to watch it for the first 20 minutes.
Asked for a refind and got my money back. The jerky camera was from the start
and not just in the ocean scenes.

Time:2013/10/14 17:39:11
Name:Nakanakanaka
Comment:Went to see Captain Phillips. I would suggest avoiding it if you get sea sickness.
Long scenes on a lifeboat in rough seas filmed with a hand-held camera.

Time:2013/10/01 09:08:54
Name:Anonymous
Comment:I was thinking about seeing Rush but then I found a review that warned to be careful about watching it if you experience motion sickness. Guess I'll be waiting for the DVD :(

Time:2013/08/28 18:15:07
Comment:Usually this isn't a problem for me but I had to leave the theater
during Elysium because the constant motion of the camera made me
feel sick to my stomach. Thank God for Gravol!

Time:2013/08/28 18:14:30
Comment:Usually this isn't a problem for me but I had to leave the theater
during Elysium because the constant motion of the camera made me
feel sick to my stomach. Thank God for Gravol!

Time:2013/08/12 08:20:59
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Elysium - made our family of 4 nauseous. Had to leave after 30
minutes
A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)- The same
Dear Directors: stop this technique! It's old already and was only
innovative for the low budget films (think Blair Witch).

Time:2013/08/09 00:35:21
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Just saw Elysium. Couldn't enjoy the 2nd half because I was
nauseous. :(

1st half wasn't too bad but the 2nd half had too many jerky action
sequences.

Time:2013/08/07 13:03:41
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Anyone see Elysium yet? I have a feeling it will be unwatchable.

Time:2013/06/04 20:22:26
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Project X made me so sick I had to leave the theater, and i was on a date. I really wish
these movies would warn people before hand that they are like that. Glad this page is
available though.

Time:2013/04/27 01:50:24
Name:Anonymous
Comment:I saw "The Place Beyond the Pines" 22 hrs ago and I still feel sick! Unbelievable camera movement right at the start and then various places through the movie. And that was from the back row of the theatre! Be warned.

Time:2013/04/24 03:40:39
Name:Jen
Comment:Saw Beasts of the Southern Wild today in the theater, and it did
me in after about 20 minutes. Eight hours later, and I still have
a headache. Had to leave the theater to try to get some fresh
air. I am amazed that others could actually sit through it. Sad,
since I heard it was very good.

Time:2013/04/08 02:34:42
Name:debi
Comment:Have just found this page. This could have saved me many an upset stomach and a lot of money in useless cinema tickets and meals eaten just before going into the theatre. I am one of those who actually have to go out of the theatre to throw up. As a teenager I was sick all over the lady sitting in front of me when I stood up to leave the first IMAX theatre I ever visited. Thankyou for this page and your helpful comments.

Time:2013/03/29 09:15:24
Name:Dizzy
Comment:Thanks for this website, and please, everyone keep sending in the generic rating for my head and stomach appreciate this!
~~ I would like to ask if Redbox or NetFlix, would consider putting a motion sickiness warning on their movies? Or at least ask those who email their "reviews" of the movie would consider that? I always when sending in a review put in large caps the warning of motion sickiness! Plus how can we ask hollywood to PAN slower the camera for they are losing people in their audience?!!

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:07
Name:KristinM
Comment:Worst movie for movie sickness hands down Where the Wild Things
Art. Threw up after the first 15 minutes. Next, Hunger Games which
I just saw tonight. (Wish I had seen this website before I went.)
The first two Paranormal Activities weren't awesome either and I
even watched them on TV.

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:07
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Wish I checked this before I went to see Hunger Games, it was wicked crowded
leaving only the very front row seats. Guess my overly excited self forgot to look
away when the camera went unsteady for a bit and of course naturally I ran out
throwing up.

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:05
Name:Lynn
Comment:Saw Hunger Games at 1pm today and I am still sick at 7pm. Damn it Hollywood! Stop the insanity!

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:04
Name:CV
Comment:HOME VIDEOS ARE EASIER TO WATCH! At first I thought that I must have gotten some bad concession food. Then it hit me about the time she tried to shoot that deer: THE VIDEOGRAPHER HAD ADVANCED PARKINSON'S, ATE AND DRANK CIGARETTES AND COFFEE AND WAS A WITHDRAWING JUNKIE WITH A POPSCICLE STUCK UP HIS @$$. That was just prior to ME hitting the bathroom door at 125 mph. I never get motion sickness from ANYTHING... until I saw The Hunger Games. I finally made it back in while they were training for the games but I found the back of the theater to be a better view. (The screen was framed by the wall from that distance and the shaking slowed a bit.)I would never go to see this on IMAX. Maybe the DVD will be better for those of us who didn't know to bring barf bags, Dramamine, and Tylenol. Maybe the sequels will be afforded a tripod, a professional videographer, and a better director. It's the next morning and I am still hungover. SAD:-(

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:03
Name:c500
Comment:I only found this site after seeing The Hunger Games and experiencing intense
disappointment - along with the nausea. I hope the movie industry smartens up.
Thank you for providing this service. Now we need one for some contemporary
architecture. . .

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:01
Name:Keith
Comment:Thanks for the continued feedback. I confess, Movie Hurl is a little "locked in" to a four-level rating system at this point since the existing database only contains four levels. However, I have modified the wording in the rating choice drop-down menu to more clearly indicate the intended usage of each of the four levels.

I will continue to consider these kinds of design issues and if I can find a way to incorporate a fifth level into the existing database without breaking the existing data, I will consider it.

Thank you very much for your support and participation.

Cheers!

Time:2012/04/08 14:29:00
Name:Anonymous
Comment:I agree with Kristin. You need a "had to run to the toilet" rating. And I would
use that rating on Hunger Games which I could only stand 20 minutes of last
night before running out and barely making it to the stall ....... so sad.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:59
Name:Keith
Comment:Thanks for the comment Kristin. I'm not sure that the problem being addressed necessarily requires greater "granularity" in the rating system, but I agree with you that the level-4 descriptions in the drop-down menus could be a little more inclusive of the upper-end of the spectrum. Level 4 is certainly intended to represent your description. I'll take your comment under consideration as I refine the site's layout and design.

Thank you.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:59
Name:Kristin
Comment:I think you need a "5" rating. For movies that actually made you
vomit. I have three that would make that rating.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:58
Name:Stacy
Comment:I saw Hunger Games last night and had to close my eyes through at least half of it. I left the theatre and had to sit outside in the cool air for about 20 minutes before I felt ok. It made me so mad I started crying. I'm sick of getting sick in movies!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:58
Name:Matthew Cain
Comment:Black Swan is a great movie but sadly belongs in the top ten list IMO.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:53
Name:Allison and Isabel
Comment:We found your website on Yahoo Answers a few hours too late (just saw the Hunger
Games and rated it 4 *s). We love it though!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:52
Name:Keith
Comment:To "Anonymous" who suggested adding Catfish in an earlier comment, the user interface lets you add new movies yourself. Scroll to the bottom, type in a new movie name, give it a rating and submit it. You'll simultaneously add the movie to the database and give it its first rating.

Thank you very much.

Cheers!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:51
Comment:4 words: The Blair Witch Project

So bad with the shaking camera.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:51
Comment:4 words: The Blair Witch Project

So bad with the shaking camera.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:51
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Catfish! Add it to your list! Threw up for 45 minutes in the theater bathroom. Had
to lay on the floor in there (ewww).

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:50
Name:Keith
Comment:Thanks for the feedback Jennifer. I'm tremendously disappointed to see Hunger Games doing so badly on Movie Hurl...but hey, that's why I created Movie Hurl in the first place.

Thanks for participating.

Cheers!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:50
Name:Jennifer
Comment:Thank you for this site. It's nice to know I'm not the only one
who loves going to the movies, but hates how some of them make me
feel. I saw Hunger Games last night and only watched the first
half. I was so sad, I LOVE the books!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:43
Name:Keith
Comment:I appreciate the feedback everyone. I'm glad people appreciate the site. A recent comment asks whether older movies should be added. I certainly have no argument against it, although it is worth noting that the motion-sickness effect is stronger on a large screen, so people who watch older movies (and therefore watch them on TVs) are at less risk for this problem. Once a movie is out of the theaters, its relevance to this website is diminished...but no entirely, so let's keep a record of this problem anyway.

Cheers!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:43
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Im not sure if this is just focus on newer movies but, back in 2007 I saw a movie
called "Primeval" and I only made it 20 minutes in before the ' Shakey Cam'
made me sick...

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:43
Name:Anonymous
Comment:Great idea of a site. I just made it through 40 minutes of the new movie
Chronicle before having to leave the theater due to movie sickness. It's an
hour later now and I still feel ill, but I haven't hurled, yet. Ugh. I wish I had
known the entire movie was shot with a handheld camera.

Another movie I had to walk out on was Children of Men. But it hasn't been
in theaters for years so I guess my warning won't help anyone. I really hate
these directors who make movies like this.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:41
Name:Liz
Comment:I also plan to advertise this site, as it's just what I've been looking for. I feel like the general public isn't even aware this is a thing. I'm embarrassed when I have to leave a party or tell friends I have to sit in the back or leave a movie to vomit.

I wish movie review aggregators would at least list "hand-held" or "documentary-style" in a movie's general info, so I'd know what to expect. But this site is really great!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:41
Name:Emma
Comment:I went to see 'Conviction' this morning, and had to go outside
while the trailers were on as the volume was so loud. I noticed
that almost as soon as the film started, I felt sick, even though
it was steadycam. I've also noticed that just the memory of
feeling sick before at the cinema can start to make me nauseous.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:41
Name:Keith
Comment:Excellent Sebastian. Thanks for the support.

Cheers!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:41
Name:Sebastian (PY)
Comment:Keith, I am apalled that this site does not have more movies. We (not you) are probably at fault.

Guys, c'mon, let's promote this via facebook or whatever to all your friends whose head spin with certain movies!

I am a software developer and yesterday a movie called "Tren Paraguay" (which is great BTW) almost killed me. Ended up vomiting, and going to the doctor for some medication.

I was ready to do somethig like this myself just out of rage but I'm glad I found your site.

Now my job is to promote it.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:36
Name:Lynn Jensen
Comment:God bless you for creating this site. As I have gotten older, my motion sickness
has become worse. It's positively awful when I get movie-sickness. I couldn't
agree with you more on all you have said and applaud you for taking on all those
stupid directors who think hand-held camera footage is edgy. I was trying to
watch "Babel" this morning and after 25 minutes I was toast. I spent the entire rest
of my Sunday with a headache and nauseea. I was ticked-off, needless to day.

You rock!

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:35
Name:Alison
Comment:If its a jumpy-camera movie, just watch it on a tiny, tiny screen. Motion sickness for me is a field-of-view effect. Even silly IMAX movies make me hurl, since they're on a huge screen.

Time:2012/04/08 14:28:34
Name:Keith
Comment:Welcome to the Movie Hurl public comments board!